The best actors of English and world cinema are involved in one of the best films of the last years in the style of fairy fantasy "The Chronicles of Narnia"
In one of the best films of recent years in the style of fairy fantasy "The Chronicles of Narnia" involved the best actors in English and world cinema. Andrew Adamson, best-known for the cartoon Puss in Boots and Shrek, filmed three Lewis books, created the Trilogy of Narnia trilogy: The Lion, the Witch and the Magic Cabinet - 2005, Prince Caspian - 2008, The Last Battle - 2010 year.
Andrew Adamson, known for the cartoon Puss in Boots and Shrek, filmed three books by Lewis, created the trilogy "The Chronicles of Narnia"
In 1950 came the first of them, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"
Narnia is ruled by the evil White Witch
Very short film content
Clive Staples Lewis - English writer of the early XX century. He began his literary career as a poet. But he truly became famous as the author of the book series The Chronicles of Narnia. In 1950 came the first of them, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Four children, Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter, through a wardrobe, end up in a fabulous country, where unprecedented adventures await them. Narnia is ruled by an evil White Witch. The great lion Aslan and other inhabitants of the country break her spell. The exciting story was continued in the book Prince Caspian and five more books.
The exciting story was continued in the book Prince Caspian and five more books.
Narnia Chronicle Film Actors
In the first two parts, the actors are the same. The main characters are children from the Pevensey family - Lucy, Peter, Edmund and Susan, Prince Caspian and the Great Lion Aslan. Still there is an evil White Witch. Throughout the filming of the three parts of the Narnia chronicle, the actors and roles changed only slightly.
The main characters are children from the Pevensey family - Lucy, Peter, Edmund and Susan, Prince Caspian and the Great Lion Aslan
- George henley in two parts played Lucy pavensi. She was born in 1995 in West Yorkshire. She studied at the school where she studied in a drama group. When the first film "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" was made, she was less than 10 years old. For this work in the sensational film adaptation, she received an award for the best children's actress. Then Georgie played Jane Eyre in the TV version of the novel of the same name on the BBC channel.
George henley in two parts played by lucy pavensi
She was born in 1995 in West Yorkshire.
She studied at the school, where she studied in drama circle.
- Peter Pevensey played in all versions of the English actor William Moseley. He was born in 1987 in the county of Gloucestershire, England. In the family - three children. Besides William, there is a sister and a brother. His father made a good career in the movie business. The boy studied in his native town, Shipskomb, after that he attended Wycliffe College in Gloucester. The boy's acting career began at age 11. He played several minor roles in the film work "Cider with Rosie" and "Goodbye, Mr. Chips." But he had real popularity after working on the role of Peter in the Lewis trilogy.
Peter Pevensey played in all versions of the English actor William Mousley
He was born in 1987 in the county of Gloucestershire, England. There are three children in the family
The boy's acting career began at age 11
Casting on the selection of actors was a year and a half. In 2003, William was approved for one of the most important roles in the tale. She brought him worldwide fame. Later, the young artist will return to the character of Peter three times in the next Clive Lewis film adaptation.
Besides this role, Moseley played another 13 movie characters. For his work the young actor has awards:
- 2006 - CAMIE Award - the best performance in the film (per game in the film version of the work of Clive Lewis)
- 2008 - Best Young Actor
- Nominee of many prestigious awards.
In addition to this role, Mousley played another 13 movie characters.
- Skandar keynes played by Edmund Pavensi. The full name of the actor - Alexander Emin Casper, abbreviated - Skandar - the far-grandson of Charles Darwin. Born in London in 1991. Mother has a mixed origin - among her ancestors there are Lebanese, Turks, Persians. Father - English writer, environmentalist. In the family - historians, diplomats, professors of Cambridge, scientists - physiologists. In Skandar mixed European and Asian blood.
Skandar Keynes played by Edmund Pevensie
Five years, the future actor studied at the theatrical school of Anna Sher
Born in London in 1991
For five years, the future actor studied at the theater school of Anna Sher. In 2008 he graduated from a private school for boys. Always in childhood and in his youth he was an active participant in theatrical productions, and in 2003 he played 11-year-old Enzo Ferrari in the film of the same name.
At the end of the csting, Director Adamson assigned Scandar to the role of Edmund Pevensey in the first film, "The Chronicles." Then he played this role in the subsequent series. But after the starry start, the young actor ended his career. He graduated from university and did his usual job.
- Anna Popplewell - played in the film older sister Lucy Susan in all series "Chronicles".
Anna Katherine Popplewell was born in 1988 in London. From the age of six she has comprehended the art of theatrical play. And at the age of 9 she played for the first time in movies. She starred in the film "The Coast of Cutthroats" (1998). Until 2002, she starred in children's roles in several movies and TV shows. In 2003, she was fortunate to work on the same set with Scarlett Johansen and Colin Firth, where she played Märgy in "Girl with a Pearl Earring".
Anna Popplewell - played in the film older sister Lucy Susan in all series "Chronicles"
Like many actors in the films The Chronicles of Narnia, Anna became a famous actress after her role as Susan.
After a successful start, the young actress is offered many roles to choose from.
Like many actors in the films The Chronicles of Narnia, Anna became a famous actress after her role as Susan. This is one of the main roles of the film, although in the last series Popplewell appears only in a few episodes.
After a successful start, the Young actress is offered many roles to choose from. She starred in 17 films, the last of which - Going to Dawn, Payback Season, Kingdom.
- Prince Caspian the tenth played actor Ben barnes. They call him a mysterious stranger because he reluctantly communicates with the press and rarely gives interviews. And the second Johnny Depp is tipped to him, he really is very similar in type to him. He is beautiful and mysterious.
Prince Caspian the tenth played by actor Ben Barnes
They call him a mysterious stranger because he is reluctant to talk to the press and rarely gives interviews.
Benjamin Thomas Barnes' home town was London, where he was born in 1981, then played in the musical youth theater
Hometown Benjamin Thomas Barnes was London, where he was born in 1981, then played in the musical youth theater, graduated with honors from the university, where he studied native literature and dramatic art. He has already starred in many films, except for The Chronicles of Narnia, including Dorian Gray in the film of the same name. The father of the actor was engaged in psychiatry, the mother - the famous family therapist in England. Ben has a younger brother.
Playing in the youth theater until 2003, the actor has learned the basics of music, has mastered playing the piano. In general, the young man had all the makings of becoming a good musician. With his demonically beautiful appearance, he could become the king of pop music. Thus, the first applause he received on the stage.
Barns - the personality is versatile. In 2004, he performed in the Hyrise group, which took part in the selection for the Eurovision contest. He was the lead singer of the band.
Barnes - a versatile personality
Abruptly changed Ben's acting career for the better. Fantasy-style picture "Stardust". Here he met on the same site with Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller, Michelle Pfeiffer.
This film was a preparation for the main tale in his life - the trilogy "The Chronicles of Narnia". The grand project with a budget of $ 225 million took a few years as an actor. Barnes played one of the main roles of Prince Caspian in two parts - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Conqueror of Dawn. The noble image of the prince - the traveler, the king - the restorer of traditions, the protector of his people brought Ben unprecedented popularity.
Ben is a talented actor
Ben is a talented actor. He is subject to different roles - he plays in a comedy, in the film adaptation of Oscar Wilde, in fantastic projects. Of the recent works should be noted paintings "Jackie and Ryan", "God knows only."
- One of the main roles in the film - the magical Great Lion from the Narnia Chronicles played actor liam neeson.
And although the character does not appear in human form, it passes through all three parts in the storyline. The lion appears at the most important moments of the stories, changing the course of events, helping the main characters to fight evil. He has incredible magic power. This important character is voiced by the famous English actor Liam Neeson.
One of the main roles in the film - the magical Great Lion from the Narnia Chronicles was played by actor Liam Neeson.
His track record includes such famous paintings as Schindler's List, Real Love, Les Miserables, Air Marshal, Silence, and the Hostage film trilogy
William John Neeson was born in 1952 in Ireland
His track record includes such famous paintings as Schindler's List, Real Love, Les Miserables, The Air Marshal, Silence, and the Hostage film trilogy.
William John Neeson born in 1952 in Ireland. In his youth, he was fond of boxing, at one of the fights he broke his nose. At one time he became a champion among amateur boxers. But his real passion was theater. For some time he studied at the University of Belfast, but did not finish it. But successfully played on the stage of Belfast and Dublin. The first film role the actor received in the movie "Escalibur" in 1981.
In his youth, he was fond of boxing, at one of the fights he broke his nose
In 1999, Lim Neeson received the royal award of the Order of the British Empire
In 1999 Lim Nison received the royal award of the Order of the British Empire. During his ongoing acting career, he starred in 70 films. He was married, widowed, has two sons, is a fan of the Liverpool football team.
Now the actor lives in Millbrook.
- White Witch - a negative character who confronts the main characters of the picture. She played English actress tilda swinton. It comes from an ancient Scottish family, which has a thousand-year history, and leads it from King Alfred the Great. Ownership Swinton are in the ancient estate of Kimmerheim in Scotland.
White Witch - a negative character who opposes the main characters of the picture
It comes from an ancient Scottish family, which has a thousand-year history, and leads it from King Alfred the Great
The actress was born in a family of hereditary English aristocrats in 1960
The actress was born in a family of hereditary English aristocrats in 1960. Father - the seventh Lord of Kimmerheim, the general of the British army, the mother was born and raised in Australia. Education girl received in a private school in Kent, where her fellow students were daughters of aristocratic families, including the future Princess of Wales Diana.
Education girl received in a private school in Kent, where her fellow students were daughters of aristocratic families
In school, Tilda successfully studied, played sports, participated in student's theatrical performances, sang in the church choir
The appearance of the actress - sophisticated and original, made it possible to play the role of a sorceress in the trilogy of director Adams
At school, Tilda successfully studied, played sports, participated in student's theatrical performances, sang in the church choir.
Appearance of the actress - sophisticated and original, gave the opportunity to play the role of a sorceress in the trilogy of director Adams.
In 2008, Tilda Swinton Awarded the main Oscar film award for Best Actress.
- Evil King Miraz - the opponent of the legitimate prince Caspian, played by the Italian Sergio Castellitto. He was born in Rome in 1953. Castellitto is not only an actor. He made several films as a director, producer and screenwriter. But his main cinematic profession is acting. He began to appear in films rather late, at the age of 28. During his creative activity, he played in 88 films different roles in importance and size. The most successful films of Castellitto are "Blue Abyss", "The Irresistible Martha", "Don't Go!", "Paris, I Love You!".
Evil King Miraz - the opponent of the legitimate prince Caspian, played by Italian Sergio Castellitto
He was born in Rome in 1953. Castellitto is not only an actor
He began to appear in films rather late, at the age of 28
The actor is married, has four children.
Information about the film version
The film is somewhat different from the book version:
- Children enter Narnia through the portal of the London subway. In the book - this is the railway station.
- Susan didn't have a fan in the book.
- Peter fights with the bullies only on the screen, in the book this scene is missing.
- In the fairy tale, Caspian is 13 years old, and in the film version - 17. There is no detailed description of his childhood years, the story of his old teacher about fabulous Narnia is carved.
- In the book there is no scene of an attempt on Caspian.
- The film is a huge success, in particular, thanks to the colorful scenes with special effects. A dramatic episode of the Narnians attacking the telmarin castle was added.
- Dr. Carnelius in a fairy tale himself leaves prison, and in the film version he is saved by Caspian.
- The image of the Narnian enemies of the Telmarines is exaggerated.
Children enter Narnia through the portal of the London subway. In the book is a railway station
The film is a huge success, in particular, thanks to the colorful scenes with special effects.
The image of the enemies of Narnians Telmarins exaggerated
- Caspian's teachers Dr. Cornelius played a Belgian actor Vincent Grass. In addition to this role, he starred in more than 85 films of different genres. He graduated from his acting career in 2015.
Caspian's teachers Dr. Cornelius played by Belgian actor Vincent Grass
He was born in 1949 in Brussels, studied at the Royal Conservatory
He was born in 1949 in Brussels, studied at the Royal Conservatory. He worked in the theaters of Liege and Brussels. The first film role - in the film "Palliter" in 1976. More known as a voice-over in the films Asterix and the Vikings, Agent Smith in The Matrix.
- Trumpkin is a red-headed gnome with a beard that Pevensey was looking for. He played an actor Peter Dinklage. He is 48 years old, was born in Morristown, USA. Artist's height - 135 cm. Starred in 76 films. Also involved in many talk shows on television.
Trumpkin is a red-headed gnome with a beard that Pevensi was looking for.
He is 48 years old, was born in Morristown, USA
Artist's height - 135 cm. Starred in 76 films
- Mr. Tumnus is a fawn who participates in three stories about Narnia. This is a friend of Lucy Pevensey, he helps her. Scott plays him in the movie James McAvoy. He was born in Glasgow in 1979.
Mr. Tumnus is a fawn who participates in three stories about Narnia
This is Lucy Pevensey's friend, he helps her.
Narnian witch plays Clara Issova, The Minotaur of Asterius - Josh Campbell.
The Narnian witch is played by Clara Issova
Total involved 56 actors narnia chronicles. Some of them are voicing heroes offscreen.
Total involved 56 actors narnia chronicles